WPC & SPC Flooring Warranty
Download WPC & SPC Warranty and Installation Guide PDF
Defects or damages caused by any inappropriate conditions, environmental factors, care, maintenance, poor installation, are not covered under warranty. Inappropriate conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Damage caused by improper storage, handling, or installation
- Flooring installed outdoors or inappropriate locations
- Damage resulting from moisture problems. Moisture emissions from concrete can result in high pH and alkaline conditions that can distort the product. Our SPC and WPC flooring is waterproof and reliably secures the flooring panels on all four sides. However, moisture in the subfloor could cause mold, mildew, and other moisture related issues such as moisture emissions under the flooring, which may contribute to an unhealthy indoor environment. It is up to the flooring contractor to determine if a subfloor is not cured. Should the subfloor not be cured, a moisture barrier/mitigator like 6 mil poly sheeting plastic should be used for a successful installation and to prevent the material from being damaged by moisture from the subfloor.
- Damage caused by exposure to extreme heat or sunlight
- Damage caused by fire, flood, storm, smoke, intentional abuse, etc.
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner, pets, or furniture without appropriate protection
Before installation, please inspect the planks carefully. Do not install if defects are found. Claims will only be accepted before installation.
Minor color variation is normal. Color differences between sample and actual product are not considered a manufacturing defect.
THIS WRITING IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE WARRANTY, AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Warranties cannot be altered by any sales representative or distributor. Sales representatives and distributors have no authority whatsoever to establish, expand, or otherwise modify warranties.
Modern Home Concepts’ limited warranty provisions are deemed to be severable, and the invalidity or unenforceability of one provision shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Modern Home Concepts’ limited warranties constitute the entire agreement of the parties, and no waiver or amendment shall be valid.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
All claims must be filed by the original purchaser of the flooring material, who must still be the owner of the residence.
To file a claim, first contact the Certified Retailer where the purchase was made, who must submit the claim on your behalf. You will be required to provide information including but not limited to: Your name, address, contact information, date of purchase, contact information for the licensed professional installer, and the original sales invoice showing proof of purchase.
Claims must be filed within the warranty coverage period. Modern Home Concepts reserves the right to have a designated representative inspect the flooring and remove samples for technical analysis. Manufacturer must be given a reasonable opportunity to inspect flooring prior to determining coverage or remedy.
Questions about your Modern Home Concepts purchase? Please contact your Certified Retailer or contact us at: modernhomeconcepts.com/contact-us